The aim of the Luxury Packaging Awards is to celebrate the very best design and innovation in the luxury packaging market in the last year.
- Entry criteria which must be met in order to qualify for entry:
- Packs must be for products which launched in retail on or after 1 March 2017;
- Packs must be for luxury or premium products;
- Packaging suppliers’ own promotional work is strictly not eligible;
- There is no geographical restriction on where a piece of packaging is made, designed, developed or sold;
- There is no restriction on the materials used for any specific pack.
- All entries must be paid for before the judging takes place on 15 May 2018
- A sample pack must be submitted by Wednesday 4 May 2018 for judging, if a pack is not received the entry will be removed from judging and no refund will be given.
Entries that do not meet the criteria will be removed from judging and will forfeit the entry fee.
What the judges are looking for
Overall, judges will be looking for evidence of great design, consumer appeal and a sense of luxury in the packs under review and will be asked to consider the following five aspects:
- Quality and innovation in graphics, decoration, shape and structure;
- Shelf stand-out;
- How the pack adds value to the brand;
- Luxury feel.
At least one example of the pack must be submitted (unless otherwise stated) for the judging day. If this needs to be returned, it is the responsible of the entrant to organise this.